Tuesday, January 19, 2016

GREGORY FIGG: FINE ARTIST

While online, I came across this fascinating painting (seen below); it reminded me of the phosphorescent paintings by Fine Artist, Tom Bacher. 


I later discovered it was Cincinnati Artist, Mr. Gregory Figg.                           
                         



Born and raised in Cincinnati, Gregory Figg is a Painter and a Fine Artist, from the very core of his soul. He lives and breathes art. His chosen medium is fluorescent paint, "3D interactive"; closely linked to luminous and phosphorescent paint. It "glows in the dark," and enticing to watch it come to life. 


(Here is Gregory Figg at the Ludlow Theatre)





His work is limitless, and who inspires him? ... His response, "Many artists and writers inspire me. The short list are all the classical painters; Michelangelo, Da Vinci, the Impressionists, Monet, the Surrealists, Dali and Magritte, DuChamp, Ernst, Breton, Miro. Also, many writers; Poe, Blake, Byron, Orwell. I, also, follow many local and modern artists, as well as I am inspired by nature and everyone around me." 


And to put it more simply, he adds with a kind smile, "I am easily inspired."


Here you can watch one of his videos. It is absolutely fascinating to watch this interaction, please click: 

                                              Painting FIRESTORM 2.0





Other paintings by Gregory Figg:









Gregory has been painting and drawing since childhood. He shares, with a grin, that when he was a toddler he painted his nursery walls, "with 'shit,' as my sister tells the story."  You can see his love of life and the environment around him. His use of light and playful colors radiate through every piece he creates.
  








"So very early on, I knew I always wanted to be an Artist."





"I have always enjoyed creating and showing my work. It's the bridge to others, as I see it. A way to express the "inexpressible" to others, and to myself I suppose. If people didn't like my work I would still do it. The fact that they do has always felt as an added benefit. I will always create and I don't plan on ever stopping, for anything, or anyone. It
is my journey, and I love it like nothing else."




Gregory is an inspiring human being. I hope you check out his work and support local artists!

January 30th, 2016, his next show:      

Energy Club
700 W. Pete Rose Way
Cinti, OH 45203


Please click on the links below for more information about Gregory Figg:

Facebook page                                               Figg Dimension Website

Figg Dimension Youtube



And, as always, thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment