Sunday, December 13, 2015

JOE BAILEY: FINE ARTIST

If you're going for a cup of coffee, strolling through the park, or catching an indie band, chances are you will see Mr. Joe Bailey. His presence, his laugh, his smile are infectious. By first glance, you can instantly feel his passion. Joe's preferred medium is graphite pastel and colored pencil.  No matter where he roams, you will always see him with his tools; backpack, art box, and sketchbook. They are his lifeline, and a part of his soul like any true artist. 


"I am a traveling artist"... " My favorite spots are Findley Market, Washington Park and Wine Lab."

 As he describes from many years ago, his first piece sold was a drawing of " a woman with an image of the earth in the background." Being an Artist is his career, "I have no other job than Art." 

As he gathers his tools, carefully organizing and putting them safely in his bag, he humbly replies how he feels about those who have been so supportive of his work, "how I make it is by the support of the people. My biggest supporter is my Mom!" Another reason to appreciate Joe, his kind heart.



" By the grace of God, this is my gift. I decided to open it up. The more I feel , the more I am being blessed." 

                                

"I take in everyday life, and it's everyday surroundings."



"What helps keep me driven is the appreciation of others and to also showcase the youth." 





Joe Bailey's style is unique, textured, soulful and, most importantly, to be enjoyed. He lives each day as it comes. As he says with a grin, "Art makes every other activity more exciting." 

Be on the lookout for Mr. Bailey, you won't be disappointed. Please show your support to local artists! 

Thanks for reading!



 







No comments:

Post a Comment