Sunday, December 6, 2015

MARK ZERO: GUITARIST and ARTIST

    

Mark Dunbar, also known as  "Mark Zero"... I met Mark through a dear, close close friend, Christopher Glandorf; also, a fellow musician of the Northside community who passed away at the young age of 43. We were all watching the film, River's Edge, starring Dennis Hopper. Mark was quiet, yet unique and interesting, as he always appears. He is locked in his own world, just full of creativity. If you ever meet Mark, you will understand what I mean. He is a very kind soul with many talents, including vocals, guitar, banjo, pretty much any stringed instrument, drawing and painting.


For every interview, I always ask 5 basic questions, how I use those questions depends with each individual. We decided to have a simple Q & A.

Me: Who inspires your music?

Mark: "Dogs inspires my music!"

Me: What else do you do when you are not making music?

Mark: "Riding my bike is a thing I do, besides music." 

Me: When did you start playing music? How did you get started?

Mark: "I got my first guitar and started playing it when I was 14!" "I started banging on it as soon as I got it!"

Me: Where are you from?

Mark: "Always lived here with my mom in Northside, so that's where I'm from."






Mark Dunbar may be a man of few words, but how he expresses it through his music, and his art, is much more extensive. Mark has always been a part of the Cincinnati music scene, and consistently shows his unconditional support. You can find him playing solo mostly around the Northside area and many local places like The Listing Loon and The Comet. Mark has played with numerous bands over the years including the popular Fairmount Girls. Also, you can always find him participating in many music festivals.






On a personal note, thank you Mark for always being so sweet and for singing Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" every time I requested it. No one sings it like you....

See you on the wild side.


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment